The creamiest rice pudding loaded with coconut milk and flavoured with cardamom and cinnamon!
- Place the coconut milk and cardamom pods in a small pot on medium-high heat. Let bubble for one minute, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes to infuse the coconut milk with the cardamom.
- Using a spoon, remove the cardamom pods.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla extract and maple syrup and stir until combined.
- Next, add the rice and let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes until the rice becomes nice and creamy.
- Stir in the orange zest.
- Top the rice pudding with fresh berries, shredded coconut, maple syrup, or any other toppings you like!
Use Jasmin rice or Arborio rice for best results.
If using uncooked rice, just follow package directions for cooking and use about 3/4 cup uncooked.
Store leftovers in the fridge. You may need to add a bit more liquid when reheating so the rice pudding stays nice and creamy! Use any type of rice you like for this recipe. White rice or brown rice both work well.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 293
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Vegan rice pudding recipe, rice pudding with cooked rice