A healthy and light chia pudding topped with a raw plant-based key lime mousse. This key lime pie chia pudding will be your new favourite treat!
If I had to choose a favourite pie, I think I’d go with key lime. I usually keep a batch of my raw key lime pie bars stored in my freezer for when my lime cravings strike, but I wanted to make another key lime option to enjoy for breakfast. So naturally, I had to turn my favourite pie into a chia pudding recipe. (Big surprise…)
This key lime pie chia pudding is made up by layering vanilla-lime chia pudding, with a raw key lime mousse. The mousse is plant-based, made mixing raw cashews and some coconut cream, though I promise you it tastes just like key lime!
I make this recipe with the chia pudding on the bottom and topped it with the mousse, but feel free to play around and layer it how you like. You can even make multiple layers of chia pudding and lime mousse if you want to make this into a parfait.
This vegan key lime pie chia pudding topped with a raw plant-based key lime mousse will be your new favourite treat!
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cups almond milk
- zest of 3 key limes (or 1 regular lime)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
key-lime pudding layer
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 1 hour then drained
- 4 tbsp coconut milk (full-fat from a can)
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup key-lime juice (or lime juice)
- zest of 2 key-limes (or 1 regular lime)
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder for colour (optional)
- Mix the chia seeds, almond milk, key lime zest, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds until everything is well combined.
- Place in the fridge and allow to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Place your cashews in a bowl, boil some water, and pour the boiling water over the cashews. Let sit for 1 hour to allow the cashews to soften.
- Drain the cashews and pour them into a blender or food processor with the coconut milk, maple syrup, lime juice, lime zest, and matcha powder. Blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon the chia pudding evenly into 2 cups. Pour the lime mousse mixture on top of the chia pudding.
- Place in the fridge and let set for 1-2 hours, until the top firms up.
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 592
- Sugar: 29g
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: key lime pie chia pudding, vegan chia pudding, vegan dessert, vegan key lime pie, healthy dessert
*Don’t have key limes? no problem! Regular limes work just as well!