This key lime pie chia pudding is easy to make and amazingly delicious! This no-bake recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free and grain-free for a treat everyone can enjoy!
This is an old recipe from the blog that has been updated to make it even better!
I call this key lime pie chia pudding a “treat” but truth be told it’s honestly so healthy it can be enjoyed for breakfast or any time of day.
It’s made with a creamy chia pudding bottom, and topped off with a cashew-cream key lime mousse that’s loaded with protein, healthy fats and just a small amount of maple syrup for sweetness.
Are chia seeds healthy?
Oh yes they are! In fact, chia seeds have 11 proven health benefits to them, including being high in fibre, and loaded with antioxidants. Many people view chia seeds as the ultimate “superfood.”
How long will this chia pudding last in the fridge?
Chia pudding can last up to a week in the fridge, especially if you are using freshly made almond milk or nut milk. Though I find chia pudding tastes best if enjoyed within 3-4 days.
Make sure to cover this recipe when storing it in the fridge so the key lime mousse doesn’t dry out!
How to make key lie pie chia pudding
Key lime pie chia pudding is a delicious way to enjoy chia pudding that is a little more “exciting” than your average chia pudding recipe. Here’s how to make it:
- Mix the chia seeds, almond milk and other pudding ingredients together in a bowl then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
3. Divide the chia pudding between jars and top with the key-lime mousse mixture. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
Tips for making this key lime chia pudding perfectly
- Let you chia seeds sit for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge. You *can* make chia pudding if you let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, though the chia seeds will really absorb the liquid if you let them sit longer and be a much better texture.
- Use key limes rather than regular limes in the recipe if you can get your hand on some. (or a combination of both) Key limes taste different than regular limes and are delicious!
- When making the key lime mousse, scape down your blender several times as your blending to make sure there are no little lumps left.
More chia pudding recipes to try
If you tried this key lime pie chia pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
a healthy chia pudding that tastes just like a key lime pie!
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cups almond milk
- zest of 3 key limes (or 1 regular lime)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
key-lime pudding layer
- Mix the chia seeds, almond milk, key lime zest, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds until everything is well combined.
- Place in the fridge and allow to firm up for 2 hours or overnight.
- Add the cashews to a blender or food processor with the coconut milk, maple syrup, lime juice, lime zest, and matcha powder. Blend until completely smooth. (You may need to scrape down the sides a few times as you blend.)
- Spoon the chia pudding evenly into 4 little jars. Pour the lime mousse mixture on top of the chia pudding.
- Place in the fridge and let set for 2 hours before eating.
Let your chia pudding sit for at least 2 hours so it really absorbs the liquid and becomes a nice pudding-like texture.
If you can’t find key limes you can use regular limes in this recipe, though I highly recommend key limes for their delicious flavour!
You can use either a blender, food processor magic bullet to make the key lime mousse. Anything that will blend it up.
Store these chia puddings covered in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: chia pudding, key lime pudding
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!