This Snickers Chia Pudding tastes just like the chocolate bar you know and love! It’s made with a super-rich chocolatey chia pudding base and topped off with a peanut butter caramel and crunchy peanuts. This recipe is naturally vegan, gluten-free and made with healthy ingredients!
A healthy chocolate pudding
I love a good creamy homemade healthy chocolate pudding, and I especially love making them with chia seeds.
This recipe for Snickers Chia Pudding is my take on the classic chocolate bar made from chocolate, caramel, peanuts and nougat. While this chia pudding doesn’t have any nougat in it, it does have plenty of chocolate, caramel and peanut butter!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This chia pudding is high in fibre and protein, so it’s a dessert that will keep you feeling full and energized.
- This treat can technically even be enjoyed for breakfast 😉
- This is a great meal prep recipe you can make ahead of time and have ready to go in your fridge for the week ahead!
Ingredients in Snickers Chia Pudding
- Chia Seeds: You can’t make a chia pudding without them! These little seeds are packed with fibre, omegas and are a total superfood!
- Cocoa powder: Try and use high-quality cocoa powder for best results. This will give you a richer tasting pudding.
- Maple syrup: This is the sweetener for the pudding. You could also use stevia if you want to keep this low in sugar.
- Vanilla extract: This actually brings out the flavour of the chocolate!
- Light coconut milk: Coconut milk is creamy and works really well when making a decedent tasting chia pudding. You can use any type of milk you like.
- cacao nibs: These add a little crunch and more chocolate flavour to the pudding.
- Medjool dates: They taste like caramel! Chop them up and add them to the pudding for some caramel taste in every bite.
- Peanut butter: Because you can’t have snickers without peanut butter!
How to make this chia pudding
Add the chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla to a mixing bowl, then pour in the coconut milk.
Mix everything together then place the bowl in the fridge to let it turn into a pudding. Once it’s ready it should look like this.
To make the peanut caramel, add the ingredients to a pot and let it come to a slight boil, mixing until it turns into a caramel. Then swirl the caramel into the chia pudding, or use it as a topping served over the chia pudding.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- If you chia pudding ends up too thin, add some more chia seeds and place back in the fridge to gel. If your chia pudding ends up too thick, simply add some more coconut milk and mix. (*Some types of chia seeds may be more absorbent than others depending on the brand you use.)
- Use a good quality cocoa powder for better-tasting chia pudding. This will give the pudding a richer taste.
- Stir the caramel constantly in the pot while preparing, otherwise, it can start to burn on the bottom.
More chia pudding recipes to try
If you tried this Snickers Chia Pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
This Snickers Chia Pudding is made with a super chocolate chia pudding topped off with a homemade peanut butter caramel!
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 medjool dates, chopped
Peanut butter caramel
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp light coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- Crushed peanuts,
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut yogurt
- Whisk the chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk together in a bowl until it starts to thicken. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Once the pudding has thickened, add the cacao nibs and medjool dates mixing together.
- To make the peanut caramel, add the peanut butter, maple syrup and salt to a small pot on medium-high heat. Let the mixture come to a boil, stiring constantly for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and continue to stir for another minute. The mixture should darken in colour and thicken. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the pudding, spoon the chia pudding into a bowl or cup and top with the caramel. (*Try swirling the caramel into the chia pudding, delicious!)
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, cacao nibs and yogurt.
If your chia pudding ends up too thick, simply add some more coconut milk and mix. (*Some types of chia seeds may be more absorbent than others depending on the brand you use.)
Use a good quality cocoa powder for better-tasting chia pudding. This will give the pudding a richer taste.
Stir the caramel constantly in the pot while preparing, otherwise, it can start to burn on the bottom.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: Chia pudding dessert, healthy chocolate pudding, snickers recipe
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!