Coffee Chia Pudding
If you love your morning cup of coffee then you’ll love this coffee chia pudding! It’s made with coffee or espresso and tastes just like a delicious lightly-sweetened latte.
Vegan coffee or espresso chia pudding
There’s nothing quite like waking up in the morning and taking that first sip of coffee.
It’s a flavour we all know and love that is not only delicious to drink black or as a latte, but is also delicious to enjoy in coffee smoothies, coffee overnight oatmeal and a variety of other recipes.
This coffee chia pudding is packed with delicious coffee flavour and tastes just like a classic latte. This recipe can be made with brewed coffee or espresso, so you can use whatever you have on hand!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Tastes like a latte. Do you love your morning latte? Then this is the chia pudding recipe for you! It seriously tastes just like a delicious latte that is lightly sweetened.
- 5 ingredients. This entire recipe is made with 5 simple ingredients and you can add whatever toppings you love to it.
- Packed with health benefits. There are so many ways to use chia seeds that will give you all their amazing nutritional benefits. Making chia pudding is one of my favourite ways to enjoy these powerful little seeds! Each serving of this coffee chia pudding has 10 grams of fibre and 6 grams of protein!
Coffee chia pudding ingredients
- Chia seeds: you can use white or black chia seeds. (These are both the same thing, just a different colour.
- Light coconut milk: I like to use light coconut milk because it adds a creamy texture to the chia pudding. You can use any type of milk you like.
- Coffee or espresso: you can use strongly brewed coffee or espresso in this recipe. Both work!
- Maple syrup: to sweeten. You can use any sweetener you like.
- Vanilla: just a hint of vanilla for flavour.
Can I make it with instant coffee?
Yes! If you prefer to make this recipe with instant coffee rather than brewed coffee, you can use 1 1/2 teaspoons of instant coffee and add an extra 1/4 cup of milk to the recipe.
How to make coffee chia pudding
Add the chia seeds, milk, coffee, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl or a large jar.
Whisk everything together until the mixture starts to thicken slightly. (This should take about a minute or so.) Then cover and place the chia pudding in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Once the chia pudding has set in the fridge it should be a thick pudding-like texture. If you find the chia pudding has thickened too much, you can add a little bit more milk and stir it together.
What to serve with this chia pudding
This coffee chia pudding can be enjoyed as is or enjoyed with a variety of toppings. Here are some of my favourites that pair well with the coffee flavour.
- Cacao nibs
- Chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds etc.)
- Hemp seeds
- Sliced banana
- Chocolate granola
- Peanut butter granola
- Nut butter
- Homemade Nutella
How to store
Store this chia pudding in an airtight container in a jar in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also store this chia pudding in individual jars to be ready in the morning to take on the go.
Tips for making coffee chia pudding
- Prepare it the night before. If you’d like the chia pudding to be ready in the morning for breakfast make sure to prepare the chia pudding the evening before so it has time to set in the fridge.
- Use strong brewed coffee. If using brewed coffee, you may want to make the coffee slightly stronger than you would if you were drinking it. This will give the chia pudding a rich coffee taste.
- Make it keto. If you want to make keto coffee chia pudding, swap out the maple syrup for a sugar-free sweetener.
- Make it high-protein. To add more protein to this chia pudding, you can add a scoop of your favourite protein powder to the recipe, or top the chia pudding with some yogurt.
Try these chia pudding recipes next!
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Tiramisu Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding
- Keto Chia Pudding
If you tried this Coffee Chia Pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, Tiktok and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
wake up with a cup of coffee chia pudding for a healthy energizing breakfast!
- Add the chia seeds, coconut milk, coffee, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl and whisk together until it thickens slightly. (You can also add the ingredients to a large jar and mix.)
- Cover the bowl or jar and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours to set, or overnight.
- In the morning enjoy on its own or topped with yogurt, cocoa and chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: coffee chia pudding, latte chia pudding, espresso chia pudding