Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
This Peanut Butter Chia Pudding is made with 5 simple ingredients and makes the perfect breakfast or healthy snack. Each serving has 11 grams of protein and 11 grams of fibre.
What type of peanut butter is best to use?
If you love peanut butter you’ll love this Peanut Butter Chia Pudding recipe. It’s jam-packed with peanut butter flavour for a delicious breakfast, snack or even dessert. (If you’re looking for more peanut butter recipes try this Peanut Butter Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie.)
So what type of peanut butter is best to use in this recipe?
You can use any type of peanut butter you like. Natural, creamy or crunchy peanut butter all work. You can even use powdered peanut butter if you are looking for lower-calorie options.
You can also make this recipe with any type of nut butter you love if you don’t want to use peanut butter. Almond butter, cashew butter or hazelnut butter would all be delicious!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make. With 5 ingredients and just one bowl, (or jar) this chia pudding couldn’t be easier to make!
- Packed with protein and fibre. Each serving has 11 grams of protein and 11 grams of fibre for a healthy and filling breakfast or snack.
- Great for meal prep. If you like to meal prep at the beginning of the week this is a great recipe for you. You can double the recipe and keep each serving in individual jars for easy breakfasts all week long.
Peanut butter chia pudding ingredients
- Chia seeds: you can use any brand or colour of chia seeds you like. Both light and dark chia seeds are the same, just a different colour.
- Peanut butter: I use natural peanut butter for this recipe, but you can use creamy or even crunchy peanut butter.
- Almond milk: Any type of plant-based milk will work. for a creamier version, try it with some coconut milk.
- Maple syrup: to sweeten. You can also use honey or agave.
- Vanilla: a splash of vanilla extract for flavour.
How to make peanut butter chia pudding
Add the chia seeds to a mixing bowl or to a large jar. Then add the peanut butter, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Mix together with a spoon, fork or whisk until all the ingredients are combined. Then wait 1-2 minutes and mix again. You should notice the mixture becoming thicker. (If using a jar, you can just shake the jar!)
Cover and place the chia pudding in the fridge and let set overnight, or at least for four hours. Remove from the fridge and enjoy on its own or with your favourite toppings.
Chia pudding toppings
There are so many delicious toppings you can add to this chia pudding! Here are some of my favourites:
- Peanut butter granola
- Coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- Chocolate chips
- Cacao nibs
- Drizzle of nut butter
- Honey or maple syrup
How to store
Store this chia pudding in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 5 days. If the chia pudding becomes too thick in the fridge, you can add an extra splash of almond milk and mix.
Expert tips for peanut butter chia pudding
- When preparing the chia pudding, make sure to whisk it well until it becomes more viscous. This will ensure the chia puddings sets properly and doesn’t become clumpy.
- Sweeten to taste. Add more or less maple syrup to your personal taste.
- If the chia pudding is too thick, just add more liquid and mix together until it’s the consistency you like.
- Store the chia pudding in individual jars so they’re ready to take on the go with you in the morning!
More chia pudding recipes to try
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding
- Blueberry Chia Pudding
- Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Keto Chia Pudding
If you tried this Peanut Butter Chia Pudding or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Prep Time: 10 mintues
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
A delicious creamy peanut butter chia perfect that’s perfect for a healthy breakfast for snack!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup plant-based milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Let the chia pudding sit for 2 minutes then give in another whisk. The mixture should feel a little thicker.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight (or for a minimum of 4 hours.)
- Serve and enjoy.
You can also make this recipe directly in a large jar.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: peanut butter chia pudding, chia pudding with peanut butter