This coconut chia pudding with mango puree is a healthy breakfast or dessert that only uses 6 ingredients! This will quickly become your favourite way to eat chia pudding!
This is one of my absolute favourite ways to enjoy eating chia pudding (besides my banana cream pie chia pudding!). When you dig your spoon in you get some creamy coconut chia pudding and a scoop of fruity mango puree in every bite!
How to make coconut chia pudding with mango puree
This is a pretty simple one to make. (Yay!) Here is what you’ll need:
Start by preparing the chia pudding by mixing the chia seeds, coconut milk, shredded coconut, maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Let the mixture sit for at least 30 minutes.
While the chia puddings sits, puree your mangos in a blender or food processor.
Pour some chia pudding into a small cup or jar and top with some mango puree.
Tips to make this recipe perfectly
- Make sure to use high-quality coconut milk for really nice and creamy chia pudding.
- Mix the chia pudding for a good 2-3 minutes with a fork or whisk to make sure the mixture doesn’t get clumpy
- Let the chia pudding sit for a minimum of 30 minutes so it has time to properly gel into a pudding.
- If you let the chia pudding sit in the fridge overnight and it becomes very thick, just add a bit more coconut milk or almond milk and mix it again.
- Use ripe sweet mangos for the puree. If your mangos are a bit tart, you may want to add a tablespoon of maple syrup or a sweetener to the mango puree
What does this chia pudding taste like?
Chia pudding has a similar texture to tapioca, with a creamy-like texture. Chia seeds themselves have no flavour really, so they will taste like whatever you flavour them with!
For this recipe, the chia pudding tastes like creamy coconut, which is delicious! Having the mango puree to pair with the chia pudding gives this recipe that vibrant fruity pop that compliments the richness and creaminess of the coconut chia pudding.
Other chia pudding recipes to try
If you tried this coconut chia pudding with mango puree or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!Print
A delicious healthy chia pudding recipe with only 6 ingredients!
Coconut chia pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cup light coconut milk (or full-fat if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe mango
- (optional) 1 tbsp maple syrup if your mangos are tart
- In a bowl whisk together the chia seeds, shredded coconut, coconut milk maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Allow to sit and gel for 30 minutes.
- Peel and chop your mango and add to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Layer the chia mixture in the bottom of a cup followed by the coconut layer on top.
- (Optional) Garnish with fresh mango and coconut flakes.
A whisk works best to mix chia pudding with to make sure everything is well incorporated.
You can prepare the chia pudding the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight to gel so it’s ready for breakfast the following day!
If you’re having trouble pureeing your mangos, add 1-2 tbsp of water to help thin it down a bit
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 460
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: coconut chia pudding, healthy chia pudding
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!