This Snickers Chia Pudding is made with a super chocolate chia pudding topped off with a homemade peanut butter caramel!
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 medjool dates, chopped
Peanut butter caramel
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp light coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- Crushed peanuts,
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut yogurt
- Whisk the chia seeds, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk together in a bowl until it starts to thicken. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Once the pudding has thickened, add the cacao nibs and medjool dates mixing together.
- To make the peanut caramel, add the peanut butter, maple syrup and salt to a small pot on medium-high heat. Let the mixture come to a boil, stiring constantly for about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and continue to stir for another minute. The mixture should darken in colour and thicken. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the pudding, spoon the chia pudding into a bowl or cup and top with the caramel. (*Try swirling the caramel into the chia pudding, delicious!)
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, cacao nibs and yogurt.
If your chia pudding ends up too thick, simply add some more coconut milk and mix. (*Some types of chia seeds may be more absorbent than others depending on the brand you use.)
Use a good quality cocoa powder for better-tasting chia pudding. This will give the pudding a richer taste.
Stir the caramel constantly in the pot while preparing, otherwise, it can start to burn on the bottom.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 13g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: Chia pudding dessert, healthy chocolate pudding, snickers recipe