Chai spiced waffles
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour (also known as cassava or arrowroot)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon plant-based milk, I use almond milk
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat your waffle maker to a medium heat setting*
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and spices mixing well with a fork.
- Add milk reserving the 1 tablespoon of milk, maple syrup, and vinegar. Mix until just combined. Slowly add the remaining tablespoon of milk, folding through your batter until combined.
- Use a 1/2 cup* measuring cup to scoop the batter into the wells of your waffle maker.
- Cook each waffle on medium setting* or approximately 2:45-3 minutes. Place on a wire rack as you finish each waffle and start the next batch.
- Serve topped with Coconut yogurt, maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Note: Waffle makers vary in temperature and size. You may need to adjust the heat setting or quantity of batter required for each waffle.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 86g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Chai spiced waffles, homemade waffle recipe, how to make waffles