I can’t believe it’s already Wednesday! I thought it would be appropriate to celebrate on Wednesday waffles! (I think I’m going to make that into a thing.)
I’m so excited to share these chai spiced waffles with you because this is the first guest post on Choosing Chia from the amazingly talented Ashley Collins of Nourish Me Mum!
Here’s a little bit more about her:
Ashley Collins is the woman behind Nourish Me Mum, a social media and web-based resource for healthy gluten, dairy, and refined sugar-free recipes. Ashley is a passionate whole-food foodie who aims to share recipes that are simple, healthy, fresh and suitable for the whole family.
Alright, let’s get to it Ashley!
You’ll welcome fall after tasting a bite of these Autumn inspired Waffles.
Waffles… Just that word makes me think of weekends, sleep-ins, cozy blankets, good company and the smell of freshly brewed coffee. This recipe is the perfect compliment to that scenario with the warm scent of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and ginger. This simple vegan, gluten free, nut free recipe is perfect for just about anyone. Adjust the amount of spice if you prefer a stronger flavor or add a little extra maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth.
Enjoy x AshPrint
Chai spiced waffles
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour (also known as cassava or arrowroot)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon plant-based milk, I use almond milk
- 3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat your waffle maker to a medium heat setting*
- In a large bowl combine flours, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and spices mixing well with a fork.
- Add milk reserving the 1 tablespoon of milk, maple syrup, and vinegar. Mix until just combined. Slowly add the remaining tablespoon of milk, folding through your batter until combined.
- Use a 1/2 cup* measuring cup to scoop the batter into the wells of your waffle maker.
- Cook each waffle on medium setting* or approximately 2:45-3 minutes. Place on a wire rack as you finish each waffle and start the next batch.
- Serve topped with Coconut yogurt, maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Note: Waffle makers vary in temperature and size. You may need to adjust the heat setting or quantity of batter required for each waffle.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 86g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Chai spiced waffles, homemade waffle recipe, how to make waffles
If you guys like these chai spiced waffles you can see more of Ashley’s inspiring healthy recipes on nourishmemum.com