A vegan omelette made out of chickpea flour and stuffed with sauteed spinach and peas
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups spinach, packed
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk the chickpea flour, ground flax seeds, baking powder, salt, turmeric, garlic powder, and water together in a bowl until smooth. Set aside and let sit for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat and add the onions to the pan, letting cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium, and add the spinach, peas, and garlic to the pan. The spinach will shrink a lot!
- Season the filling with salt & pepper, then remove from heat and set aside while you make the omelette.
- Spray a 10-inch non-stick pan generously with cooking spray and heat the pan on medium-high heat.
- Spoon a ladleful of the omelette batter into the pan, using your other hand to swirl the pan in a circular motion, so the batter spreads out evenly on the pan.
- Let cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on the bottom.
- Add your filling to the omelette, then fold in half over the filling.
- Serve immediately.
Use any vegetables you like for the filling of the omelette
store extra batter in a jar in the fridge to use for another time
- Serving Size: 1 omelette
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: vegan omelette, chickpea omelette, vegan breakfast