A delicious chickpea veggie burger packed with vegetables and whole grains for a healthy satisfying burger!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas (from a can)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked.
- 1/2 cup One Degree Organic sprouted rolled oats
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, or 3 tbsp of auqafaba (chickpea liquid from the can)
- 1–2 tbsp oil for frying
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic, carrots, and cauliflower and let cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the veggies to a food processor with the rest of the burger ingredients and pulse until combined, but still has some texture.
- Use your hands to shape into 6-8 patties then place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Heat some oil a large pan on medium-high heat then place your burgers in the pan. Cook on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in a bun with your favourite toppings.
I like to eat these burgers with some pickled cabbage and mashed avocado
Don’t over pulse the burgers. You want them to still have some texture and not be a paste.
For a vegan burger, use 3 tbsp of aquafaba (chickpea liquid) in place of the egg.
For a gluten-free burger, use your favourite gluten-free bun or enjoy this burger with no bun at all
- Serving Size: one burger
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: chickpea burger, chickpea veggie burger