A healthy whole-grain banana bread loaded with dark chocolate chips!
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or refined coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed (or 2 large)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white Spelt flour (can sub regular flour or whole wheat flour)
- 3/4 cup rye flour
- 2 handfuls dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk the avocado oil, maple syrup and coconut sugar together in a bowl until well combined.
- Next add the eggs, mashed bananas, almond milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the baking soda, salt, spelt flour and rye flour.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together using a wooden spoon just until combined. Don’t overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on top if desired.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and pour the mixture into your loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for an hour before removing.
My bread took exactly 50 minutes, but depending on your oven this may vary by a few minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Healthy banana bread recipe, Dark chocolate chip banana bread, vegan banana bread