This bread is healthy, light and loaded with zucchini and delicious chocolate chips!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white spelt flour or white whole wheat flour (can sub regular flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups grated zuchinni
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the eggs, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract together in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixing until they start to incorporate (the mixture will be a bit dry, that’s okay.) , then add the zucchini and mix just until everything is combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and give it another mix, then transfer the batter to a loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on the coutertop for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Use a box grater to grate the zucchini easily. No need to peel the zucchini first!
Mix the batter by hand to prevent overmixing. A few clumps in the batter are ok, don’t overmix the batter.
To make this recipe into muffins: Fill a muffin pan with liners and fill each mould 3/4 of the way full. bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store this bread well covered on the counter for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: zucchini bread with chocolate chips, healthy zucchini bread recipe