A shake made with a delicious blend of bananas, dates, tahini and vanilla protein!
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (can leave out)
- 1 cup almond milk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 4 pitted medjool dates
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Combine all the ingredients except the cocoa powder in a blender until smooth.
- Pour out half the mixture into 2 glasses, then add the cocoa powder and blend again.
- Pour the rest of the mixture into the glasses and use a spoon or straw to create a swirl effect.
Making a swirl in this shake is completley optional. You can also add the cocoa powder right away blend.
Make sure to use Medjool dates rather than regular dates in this shake.
Add the protein powder to the blender first and then the rest of the ingredients. This will prevent the powder from spraying all over your blender.
Use frozen bananas for a creamy and thick shake. If you use fresh bananas you will end up a very liquidy shake.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 20g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: smoothie with tahini, tahini protein shake