A baked oatmeal that tastes just like a cinnamon roll. Healthy and perfect for a cozy morning!
- 2 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups oatmilk (can sub any plant-based milk)
- 1 egg (sub flax egg for vegan)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon swirl topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all the baked oatmeal ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined. Let sit on the counterotp for 5 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer to a baking dish (9-inch round or 8×8 inch work well) and bake for 35-45 minutes until brown on top.)
- To make the cinnamon swirl, mix the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil together. Place in a ziplock bag with the corner cut out, or piping bag and swirl ontop of the baked oatmeal.
- Optionally drizzle some coconut butter on top.
Use rolled oats, not quick oats for this recipe. Rolled oats will hold their texture better.
Let the mixture sit on the counter to thicken for 5-10 minutes. Don’t skip this step! This will allow the oats to start absorbing the liquid before baking.
Let the baked oatmeal cook before adding the cinnamon swirl, otherwise it will just melt into the oats.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 250mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7.5g
Keywords: healthy baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal with cinnamon