Creamy spaghetti with leeks, peas and asparagus
- 4 servings brown rice spaghetti (or regular spaghetti)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch of asparagus,
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
- 1 large handful fresh basil, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add your avocado oil to the pan on medium high heat.
- Add the chopped leaks, reducing heat to medium and allowing to cook down for 5 minutes.
- Chop off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard. Chop the asparagus into thirds and add to the pan. Next add the peas and minced garlic to the pan and stir all together for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and almond milk to the pan and gently stir.
- Toss your pasta into the pan using a wood spoon or spatula, and toss to cover the noodles. Add the chopped basil, and season with salt & pepper to desired taste.
- Serve in mini cast iron skillets or pasta bowls.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: Creamy spaghetti with leeks, peas and asparagus