This Curried Coconut Cauliflower Soup is luscious, creamy and a delicious vegetarian soup everyone will love!
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat then add the onions and garlic and let cook for 2-3 mintues
- Add the cauliflower and madrass curry and mix everything together, letting cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to the pot and bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. (You can poke it with a fork to check.)
- Transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- (Optionally top with roasted chickpeas.)
This recipe is best with full-fat coconut milk from a can.
You can also make this recipe with roasted cauliflower. I’ve tried it both ways and both are delicious.
This soup freezes well.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup recipe, soup with coconut milk