This Curried Cauliflower Soup is luscious, creamy and a delicious vegetarian soup everyone will love!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 shallots, chopped (can sub 1 medium onion, chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets and stem removed.
- 4–5 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 litre of vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (full-fat from a can)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium heat then add the shallots and garlic and let cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and madras curry and mix everything together, let cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to the pot and bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. (You can poke the cauliflower with a fork to check.)
- Transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- (Optionally top with roasted chickpeas.)
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/4th of the recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: curried cauliflower soup, coconut cauliflower soup, vegan cauliflower soup