Indulge yourself in this dreamy and creamy curried coconut cauliflower soup. It’s a quick and simple recipe that packs big and bold flavors!
Another Fall day, another soup…right? I don’t know about you but something inside me just switches gears in the Fall and I go on a total soup binge.
This week I’ve been having a particularly “lazy” cooking week, not really wanting to make too much or spend too much time in the kitchen. It probably sounds a bit confusing…since I’m a food blogger and all. And don’t get me wrong, I LOVE cooking and creating recipes!
But sometimes, you just need to take a step back and take a little break. This week for me has been a really strong focus yoga, meditation, spending time outside, journaling, taking baths with bath salts, and all things self-care. I even took a week off from social media, which was really great to help center the mind.
It’s so important to take care of ourselves and so beneficial for the mind, body, and spirit. In fact, it even helps boost your creativity and come back to your work with a fresh outtake on things. (Please do remember to take some time this week to take care of yourself too! After all, you can’t pour water from an empty cup.)
I give all credit for this curried coconut cauliflower soup to my self-care regime. This is one of my absolute favorite recipes I’ve made in a long time, with really refined well-balanced flavors. In fact, I would even count eating this soup as an act of self-care.
This cauliflower soup uses coconut milk instead of dairy, so it’s a great vegan alternative to a traditional creamy cauliflower soup recipe! It also uses madras curry to spice this up for a bold taste!Print
This is the BEST soup you’ll ever eat! It’s so creamy and delicious!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large onion (or 2 small), chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets and stem removed.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (full-fat from a can)
- 3 tsp madras curry powder
- salt & pepper to taste
roasted chickpeas (optional)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and mix, letting the onion cook for 2 minutes
- Next add the cauliflower and garlic to the pot, lowering the heat to medium, while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Next add the coconut milk, and madras curry mixing everything together.
- Cover and let simmer on low for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- To make your chickpeas, make sure they are drained and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the chickpeas in olive oil and salt and spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crispy.
Serve this soup alongside your favourite crusty bread!
Keywords: Cauliflower soup recipe, creamy vegan soup recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!