Indulge yourself in this dreamy and creamy curried coconut cauliflower soup. It’s a quick and simple recipe to make that is naturally vegan and gluten-free. Top this soup off with some roasted chickpeas for some extra protein and crunch!
This is an old recipe from the blog that has been updated to make it even better!
This recipe for Curried Coconut Cauliflower Soup is made with just 8 simple ingredients but is packed with flavour.
One thing I particularly love about this soup is how creamy it is. The combination of cauliflower and coconut milk blended together creates a super-rich and luscious soup that is absolutely delicious on its own, or topped off with some roasted chickpeas for some extra crunch!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This soup is a little different than most typical soups you may have tried, so it’s a nice change that is packed with bold and vibrant flavours.
- The combination of cauliflower and coconut milk makes for a super luscious and creamy soup.
- This soup freezes well and is great for meal prep.
Does cauliflower thicken soup?
Yes! Cauliflower is a great low-carb vegetable to use in soups to make them thick and creamy. Depending on how thick you like your soup, you can add more or less cauliflower to it.
For this recipe, I use an average size head of cauliflower.
How to make Curried Coconut Cauliflower Soup
Heat the oil in a pot then add the onions and garlic letting them cook down for 2-3 minutes. Then add the cauliflower and spices and mix everything together before adding the broth and coconut milk and bringing the soup to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low and cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower florets feel tender. Then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Serve the soup as is, or top with some more coconut cream creating a swirl on top of the soup. You can also optionally top off this soup with fresh herbs or some roasted chickpeas to add another texture.
Tips for making this recipe perfectly
- Let the onions and garlic cook down in the pan until translucent so they create a nice bold flavour in the soup.
- Use full-fat coconut milk from a can in this recipe for a really rich and creamy finished soup.
- Make sure to taste the soup and adjust seasoning if needed. Some brands of soup broth can be saltier or more flavourful than others.
More soup recipes to try
If you tried this Curried Coconut Cauliflower Soup or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more deliciousness!
This Curried Coconut Cauliflower Soup is luscious, creamy and a delicious vegetarian soup everyone will love!
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat then add the onions and garlic and let cook for 2-3 mintues
- Add the cauliflower and madrass curry and mix everything together, letting cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk to the pot and bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. (You can poke it with a fork to check.)
- Transfer the soup in small batches to a blender, and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- (Optionally top with roasted chickpeas.)
This recipe is best with full-fat coconut milk from a can.
You can also make this recipe with roasted cauliflower. I’ve tried it both ways and both are delicious.
This soup freezes well.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of the recipe
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup recipe, soup with coconut milk
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love!