Tom yum soup
- 1 litre vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1-inch cube galangal ginger
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste or tom yum paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1–2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- bean sprouts
- cooked rice noodles
- green beans
- thinly sliced green onion
- In a large pot, add your spoon of Thai red curry paste on medium heat and allow to toast for 1 minute.
- Pour your vegetable broth and water in the pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove the outer layer of your lemon grass, and slice into thirds. Hammer your lemongrass with a kitchen mallet to let the aromas out, then add to pot.
- Next add your cube of galangal ginger and the kaffir lime leaves to the pot.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next add the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, and coconut milk
- If your soup needs a bit more salty,sweet, or sour, add more soy sauce,sugar or lime to taste.
- Serve in a large bowl with rice noodles, bean sprouts, and fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 51g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 107g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 27g
Keywords: Tom yum soup, healthy thai recipe, how to make tom yum soup