This Easy Vegetarian Laksa comes together in under 30 minutes and is packed with authentic flavours!
- 2 tbsp Laksa paste (can sub Thai red or yellow curry paste)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Litre vegetable broth
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1–2 tbsp tamari (can sub soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 8oz noodles, cooked (rice noodles or ramen noodles)
- 1 pack soft tofu, cut into cubes
- Bok Choy, chopped or any other dark leafy green you love
- Preheat a large pot on the stove on medium-high heat then add the Laksa paste and curry powder and let toast for 30 seconds.
- Add the lemongrass, broth, coconut milk, tamari and brown sugar to the pot and bring to a boil mixing everything together, then cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles, soft tofu and bok choy to the soup and bring to a boil letting everything cook together for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
. It should start to sizzle just slightly. This helps release all the aromas and “toasts” the paste, which will help bring out the flavour.
If using a Thai curry paste instead of laksa paste, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder to the pot to get that vibrant yellow Laksa colour.
DO NOT cook your noodles directly in the soup broth. they will absorb all the soup liquid and you will be left with very little broth. Cook them separately, then add them to the soup when you’re ready to serve.
Taste as you go and adjust seasoning as needed. Depending on the brand of broth you use, you may find you need a bit more or less tamari or soy sauce. You can also add some more laksa paste if you like it spicy.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegetarian laksa, vegan laksa