Edamame dumplings that are flavoured with truffle.
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1-inch cube ginger
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp black truffle oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 pack of dumpling wrappers
- Cook the edamame in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain and transfer the edamame to a food processor with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, olive oil, truffle oil, black pepper and water.
- Puree until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary
- To assemble the dumplings, set a small bowl of water on the table alongside your wrappers, and stuffing.
- Take one dumpling wrapper. Dip the tip of your index finger in the water and rub it along half of the dumpling wrapper. (You want to make moisten just the rim of half the wrapper, making a half-moon shape)
- take a small spoon of your stuffing and place it in the middle of the wrapper.
- Gently fold the dumpling in half pressing down the ends so it is sealed.
- *Optional: you can make little ruffles on the edges of the dumplings my making little folds throughout the top)
- Repeat until all the dumplings are made.
- To cook the dumplings place them in a steamer and steam for 3-5 minutes, or until the wrapper is nice and soft.
Make sure to use a good quality truffle oil for this recipe!
- Serving Size: 1 dumpling
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: make dumplings at home, vegan dumplings, vegan asian recipe