The ultimate vegan breakfast for brunch! This bowls loaded with scrambled tofu, hash browns, and quinoa.
- 1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 brick firm tofu
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
baked hash browns
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
- handful parsley, or other herbs
- lemon wedge
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. set aside.
- Pat tofu dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Using your hands, crumble the tofu into small chunks.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add the green onion, tofu and seasoning and cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Add the red pepper and spinach. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- To prepare your hash browns, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grate your potatoes and onion with a large grater, or pulse a couple times in a food processor. Using a kitchen cloth or paper towels, squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Mix the potatoes, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Form into patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To assemble the bowls, place quinoa on the bottom, the top with tofu scramble and hash browns. Garnish with some chopped parsley and lemon.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Vegan breakfast, vegan breakfast bowl, farmer's market breakfast bowl