A simple Pad Thai recipe that is easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes!
- 1/2 pack rice noodles (approx 7 oz)
- 1/2 block of tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large handful garlic chives (can sub regular chives)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (gf if needed)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (can sub agave, maple syrup)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- crushed peanuts, lime & cilantro for serving
- Boil the rice noodles in a pot of water until tender, but not too soft (they should still be slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan on medium high heat then add the tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Push the tofu to the side of the pan, turn the heat to medium and add the garlic noodles, garlic chives, soy sauce, coconut sugar and lime juice to the pan.
- Slowly add some water to the pan, 1-2 tbsp at a time to prevent the noodles from sticking and allowing to cook fully through.
- Turn the heat to low and add the bean sprouts and green onion and mix together.
- Top with crushed peanuts, cilantro and a lime wedge to serve.
Pad Thai tastes best if you eat it immediately after cooking!
If you want the most authentic ingredients, head to your local Asian grocery store to find items like garlic chives
- Serving Size: 1/3 recipe
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: Vegan pad thai, tofu pad thai