Get the best of both worlds with these ginger molasses cookies that are crispy on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside!
- 1/4 cup organic butter, softened (or dairy-free butter if needed)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup whole-grain spelt flour (can sub regular flour or gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- extra sugar for coating (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper
- Cream the butter, coconut sugar, and cane sugar together in a stand mixer until creamy.
- Then add the egg white and molasses and mix until well combined.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then slowly pour the dry ingredients into the stand mixer while mixing on low speed.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Place the cookie dough mixture in the fridge for 30-60 minutes until the dough is easy to handle.
- Roll the dough into small 1-inch balls, then roll each ball to coat in sugar.
- Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cookies begin to crack on top.
- Remove and let cool before eating.
Store any extras in an air-tight container.
If you like your cookies on the chewier side, cook them only about 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: how to make ginger molasses cookies, healthy ginger molasses cookies