Poke bowls get a vegan makeover with ginger marinated tempeh and veggies!
- 1 pack tempeh (approx 200g)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsb avocado oil (or other neutral cooking oil)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 cup jasmine rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup arugula (or any leafy green)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large carrots sliced or chopped
- sesame seeds for topping (optional)
- If your tempeh comes frozen, take it out of the fridge to defrost before you begin the recipe.
- Place your tempeh in a saucepan filled with about 3-4 inches of water and bring to boil. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the tempeh marinade.
- Combine soy sauce, avocado oil, lime juice, maple syrup, and grated ginger in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Remove tempeh from the saucepan, cut into cubes or triangles, and place covered in the marinade overnight. (or for at least 2 hours)
- Once tempeh is marinated, grill it on the bbq, or cook it in a saucepan on medium heat, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To assemble your bowls, place rice on the bottom, and top with tempeh, vegetables and sesame seeds
- Serving Size: 1 large bowl
- Calories: 852
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 118g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 40g
Keywords: tempeh, poke bowl, vegan, ginger tempeh poke bowl