These Gluten-Free Lemon Bars are made with an almond cookie crust and topped off with a sweet but tart lemony topping!
- Mix the almond crust ingredients together in a bowl, then evenly spread the crust in an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the lemon topping by whisking the topping ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Remove the crust from the oven and pour the topping over the crust while it is still hot.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake for 20-25 minutes. The edges should be set but the bars should still be a bit jiggly in the center.
- Let cool on the countertop, then place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours until set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
. please DO NOT use bottled lemon juice! Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference for a delicious lemon bar.
Store these bars in the fridge. It’s best to eat these within 48 of baking them, otherwise, the crust can start to get a bit soggy. (These are really best enjoyed the same day you make them!)
Top these bars with powdered sugar for a touch of extra sweetness!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 15g
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy lemon bars, gluten-free lemon bars, healthy lemon squares