Green pea hummus is a delicious take on hummus for spring and summer!
- 15 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3–1/2 cup very cold water
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and remove the skins by rolling the chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel. The skins should come off naturally. You can alternatively remove the skins by gently squeezing each chickpea. Discard skins.
- Cook the peas in a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes then drain.
- Add the chickpeas, peas, cilantro, garlic, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and salt to a food processor and blend for 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the food processor running, slowly pour the water through the spout on the top of the food processor and blend for another 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Serving Size: 1/12th of recipe
- Calories: 100
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3.5g
Keywords: pea hummus, green pea hummus, hummus with peas