Tofu gets marinated and grilled with bbq sauce for a delicious meal!
- 2 1/2 tbsp tamari (can sub soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 block extra-firm tofu (approx 14–16 oz)
- 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
- Press the tofu between two paper towels or a clean kitchen towel to remove as much liquid as possible, then cut the tofu into thick slices.
- Place the tofu in the bowl of marinade and mix together. (You can alternatively add the tofu and the marinade to a large ziplock bag if you prefer.) Let sit for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Lightly grease your grill and then heat your grill to 425 degrees F.
- Place the tofu slices on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side and then flip.
- Brush the top side of the tofu with the bbq sauce. Close the grill and let cook on the second side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy.
Make sure to use extra-firm tofu in this recipe.
Store leftover tofu in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 8.4g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: bbq tofu, barbecue tofu, grilled tofu, tofu with bbq sauce