A healthy apple crisp that is super simple to make. Say hello to your new favourite dessert!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix the apples, lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar and salt. Using fork or your hands, mash the coconut oil or butter into the dry mixture until its well incorpoated and forms small clumps.
- Layer the apples in an 8×8 inch baking dish then sprinke the crisp topping on top of the apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Use Honeycrisp, granny smith, Macintosh or Cortland apples for best results.
You can use quick oats or rolled oats for the crisp topping. Do not use steel cut oats!
Use room temeprature oil or butter rather than melted. This will result is the best texture for the crisp topping.
You do not need to cover the crisp while baking.
Store any leftovers covered in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy apple crisp, vegan apple crisp, gluten-free apple crisp