This Healthy Apple Crisp is easy to make and healthy enough that you can even eat it for breakfast!
- 4 apples, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- pinch of
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature (or butter or vegan butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl mix the apples, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon together
- In a food processor or bowl, mix together the oats, almond flour, coconut sugar and remaining cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until everything is incorporated. (If using a bowl, use a fork or your hands, mash the coconut oil or butter into the dry mixture until it’s well incorporated and forms small clumps.)
- Layer the apples in an 8×8 inch baking dish then sprinke the crisp topping on top of the apples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Use Honeycrisp, granny smith, Macintosh or Cortland apples for best results.
You can use quick oats or rolled oats for the crisp topping. Do not use steel cut oats!
Use room temeprature oil or butter rather than melted. This will result in the best texture for the crisp topping.
You do not need to cover the crisp while baking.
Store leftovers in the fridge covered for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 100mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy apple crisp, vegan apple crisp, gluten-free apple crisp