This Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Bread is packed with chocolate flavour and is perfect for a little snack or treat!
- 1 1/3 cup white spelt flour (can sub 1-1 gluten-free flour, regular flour or half whole wheat and half regular)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. (or line with parchment paper)
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving
Store leftovers covered on the counter for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
This recipe doesn’t taste like “pumpkin” (as a pumpkin pie would) and tastes more like a spiced chocolate loaf. So expect a chocolate flavour 🙂
. Sometimes the cans can look similar, but these aren’t the same thing!
Don’t overmix the batter. Gently fold together just until combined. If you overmix it, the bread can come out a bit dense and flatter.
Do not add the coconut oil to the wet ingredients while it’s still hot! This will curdle the eggs.
Add-in any other mix-ins (like walnuts or pecans) you like to this recipe!
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: chocolate pumpkin bread, healthy pumpkin bread