These healthy bars are easy to make and loaded with chocolatey goodness!
- Mix the brown rice syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and pinch of salt together in a small pot on medium heat until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in a large mixing bowl filled with the rice crisp cereal and mix until combined.
- Press the mixture in an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchement paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave and pour the melted chocolate into the pan. Spred it out evenly over the bars.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour and then cut into bars. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Make sure to use rice crisps and not puffed rice for this recipe.
Use parchment paper in the pan so you can easily get the bars out.
When pouring the chocolate mixture on top, pick up the pan and tilt it in every direction so the chocolate spreads out nice and evenly on top.
You can optionally top these bars with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1.5g
Keywords: Healthy rice Krispie squares, chocolate rice Krispie treats