healthy chocolate scotcheroos are light, crispy and require no baking. These bars are easy to make and a crowd pleaser!
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl melt the brown rice syrup, peanut butter, vanilla extract and salt together in a small pot on medium heat or in the microwave. Mix together until well combined.
- Mix the brown rice crisps into the syrup mixture until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and press down
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or microwave until melted then pour and spread evenly over the bars.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set then cut into even squares.
Substitute peanut butter with any type of nut butter, sunflower butter or soynut butter!
Keywords: chocolate scotcheroos, healthy scotcheroos