The BEST healthy pumpkin bread that is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (can sub gluten-free flour, regular flour or whole-wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 eggs (use flax eggs for vegan)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until combined.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan and sprinkle with crushed pecans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Make sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient on the can should be “pumpkin.”
You can subsistute spelt flour for whole-wheat flour, or do half regular flour and half whole-wheat flour if you prefer.
Don’t overmix your batter. Mix just until incorporated. If there are a few tiny lumps in the batter that’s fine.
Optionally add some pecans or walnuts mixed into the batter if you like nuts inside your bread.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Healthy pumpkin bread recipe, sugar-free pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread recipe that is healthy