The BEST Healthy Pumpkin Bread that is naturally sweetened with maple syrup. YUM!
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (can sub gluten-free flour, regular flour or whole-wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 eggs (use flax eggs for vegan)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together until combined.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan filling 3/4 of the way full and sprinkle with crushed pecans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Store lefotvers covered on the counter for up to 4 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Make sure to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. The only ingredient on the can should be “pumpkin.”
You can subsistute spelt flour for whole-wheat flour, or do half regular flour and half whole-wheat flour if you prefer.
Don’t overmix your batter. Mix just until incorporated. If there are a few tiny lumps in the batter that’s fine.
Optionally add some pecans or walnuts mixed into the batter if you like nuts inside your bread.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: Healthy pumpkin bread, sugar-free pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread recipe that is healthy