This pasta is super rich and creamy and perfect for an easy cozy weeknight or date-night dinner!
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
- 1 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 10 oz long pasta
- 6 strips vegan bacon, cooked according to package directions (see note)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Blend the cashews, water and nutritional yeast in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy, for about a minute. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Chop the vegan bacon into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium and add the bacon pieces, cashew cream, miso, salt and pepper and let cook down on medium for 1-2 minutes string constantly. The sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add pasta and toss everything together until well combined and heated through.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley.
If you can’t find store-bought vegan bacon, you can make crispy smokey chickpeas from this recipe to use instead.
! This helps to soften the cashews so they blend up into a nice and creamy sauce.
The sauce will look very thin and liquidy before you cook it down. Don’t worry, once it’s in the pan you’ll see it begins to thicken up.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: how to make vegan carbonara, vegan carbonara sauce, easy vegan carbonara