This is the CREAMIEST EVER sauce topped off on a delicious bowl of spaghetti. mmm…
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 portions of spaghetti (about 8 oz)
- 5 strips Lightlife bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Blend the cashews and water in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy, for about a minute. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Cook Lightlife bacon in a pan on medium-high heat on each side for 2 minutes until browned.
- Remove from the pan and chop into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium and add the bacon pieces, cashew cream, pasta water salt, pepper, and miso paste.
- Mix until well combined and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti and parsley and toss everything together.
- Serve immediately.
To bring more flavour to your pasta salt the pasta water before cooking your spaghetti!
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: vegan carbonara recipe, creamy vegan pasta recipe