This crisp is the perfect recipe for a simple and healthy summer dessert!
- 3 cups strawberries, cut in halves
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the chopped strawberries and rhubarb to a large mixing bowl. Mix the orange juice, cornstarch and maple syrup together until combined and then add to the mixing bowl, tossing everything together.
- In a food processor, add all the crisp topping ingredients and pulse until crumbly. You can alternatively use a bowl and your hands, pressing until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Pour the fruit mixture into an 8×8 inch baking dish then add the crumble topping.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Use fresh strawberries and rhubarb for best results.
Make sure to mix the cornstarch with the orange juice before adding it to the fruit to help it dissolve and avoid having any little cornstarch clumps in the crisp.
To make this crisp paleo, substitute the oats with crushed walnuts or pecans. You can use any fruit you have on hand to make this recipe like apples, peaches, cherries or any type of berry.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: strawberry rhubarb crisp, gluten-free crisp, vegan crisp