The BEST EVER homemade vegan Nutella with all natural ingredients. Yum!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes, or until lightly colored.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place the hazelnuts in the center of a kitchen hand towel and close all 4 edges to make a pouch. Use your hands to rub the hazelnuts in the towel to remove the skins. (This will be much quicker than doing them all individually by hand!)
- Once the skins are removed, place the hazelnuts in a high-speed blender (I use this one) or food processor until they are finely ground. (Should look like a flour)
- Next melt the dark chocolate in a bowl with the coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt. (either by microwave for 1-2 minutes, or using a double broiler method)
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the blender with the hazelnuts and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
Keeps in the fridge for one week
You can use cocoa powder instead of dark chocolate. (You may need to add more maple syrup though if it’s not sweet enough!)
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Fat: 3.8g
Keywords: Vegan nutella, healthy chocolate spread