Instant Pot Butternut Squash soup is so cozy and easy to make right in a pressure cooker!
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sautee, then once heated add the olive oil and onion, letting cook for 2-3 miuntes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the cubed butternut squash and mix together, letting cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg, sage and broth, then seal and set to sealing.
- Cook on manual on high pressure for 10 miutes. Then allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing pressure.
- Use an emulsion blender or regular blender to blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- (Optionally) serve with a drizzle of coconut milk, pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs.
Use a ripe butternut squash for best results. To choose your squash, pick one that feels heavy for its size, is darker in colour and has a brown stem.
Use low-sodium vegetable broth so you can control how salty the soup comes out. Some broths are very salty.
If you like a chunkier soup, only blend it slightly. If you like a super smooth and creamy soup, blend it for a good 60 seconds.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: pressure cooker butternut squash soup, Instant pot butternut squash soup