This Instant Pot Vegan Chili is SO delicious! It comes together in less than 30 minutes and is perfect for a quick and easy dinner!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp dried coriander (can sub oregano)
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or enough to cover everything)
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute mode then add the onions, garlic, carrot, celery and red pepper. Saute for 5 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Add the spices and coconut sugar and mix everyrhing together, then add the crushed tomatoes, beans and vegetable broth and mix together so everything is covered well.
- Close the lid, make sure it’s set to sealing and pressure cook (on manual) for 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally then turn to venting.
- Remove 1/3 of the chili from the Instant Pot and lightly pulse in a blender. Pour the chili back into the Instant Pot and mix it together. (*You can alterntively use an emulsion blender.)
Make sure to sautee your veggies for a good 5 minutes or until they’re nice and tender. This helps to build flavour in the chili.
If you like any different types of veggies or ingredients like corn or quinoa, toss them in!
Blending part of the chili helps to create texture in the chili and gives the chili some more body and thickness.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: chili in an instant pot, vegan chili recipe, vegan chili in 30 minutes