This Instant Pot Wild Rice soup makes for a hearty and delicious dinner and is completely vegan and gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup cerimi mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp herbs de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Blend the cashews, water and nutrition yeast together for about a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Set the Insant Pot on Sautee and add the olive oil, onions, garlic, carrot, celery and mushrooms. Let cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies start to soften.
- Then add the rice, thyme, herbs de provence, bay leaf, salt and pepper and mix together before adding the broth to the Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot, set to sealing and pressure cook on manual for 35 minutes.
- Let the pressure release nautrally for 5-10 minutes, then carefully turn the lid to venting to finish releasing the pressure.
- Stir the cashew cream into the soup. Taste and adjust any seasoning if needed.
Give the veggies time to sautee in the Instant pot. This will build up great flavor for the soup.
Make sure to use raw unsalted cashews to make the cashew cream. If you don’t have time to soak them overnight, you can soak them in boiling water for an hour prior to blending.
When reheating this soup, it can cook down quite a bit. You can always add some more borth to it if needed.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: vegan wild rice soup recipe, wild rice soup in an instant pot