This kale salad with roasted sweet potato and cranberries is perfect for any time of year!
- 1 sweet potato
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4–6 large kale leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a pan with parchment paper.
- Peel your sweet potato and chop into small cubes. Mix the sweet potato, olive oil, and salt, and spread out evenly on your pan. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, mix the cranberries in the pan with sweet potatoes and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Cut the stems off the kale, and chop the kale leaves into small pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients together, and pour over the kale, mixing together well. (I like to use my hands for this part and massage the kale)
- Next add your roasted sweet potatoes & cranberries, and pumpkin seeds and mix all together.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 side salad
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Kale salad with roasted sweet potato and cranberries, salads with kale