A delicious ramen noodle soup with kimchi that comes together in under 30 minutes!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot on medium-high heat
- Add the garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute, then add the shitake and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the curry paste and kimchi mixing everything together.
- Add the kimchi juice, vegetable stock, soy sauce, and coconut sugar and bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium, then add the tofu and noodles letting the noodles cook 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Depending on the brand of vegetable stock you use, you may need to add more or less soy sauce to season. Start with less and taste, then add more if the soup needs more saltiness.
Use a low-sodium broth so you can control how salty the soup is. This way if it needs more salt, you can simply add more soy sauce.
Don’t skip out on the curry paste or kimchi juice in this recipe. These are important to flavour the soup.
This soup is even better the next day after it sits if you want to prepare it ahead of time.
If preparing this soup ahead of time, leave the noodles separate from the soup so they don’t get soggy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: ramen with kimchi, vegetarian ramen, vegan ramen