Spelt flour pancakes filled with lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Mix the spelt flour, baking powder, lemon zest, poppy seeds and salt together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, avocado oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. Do not overmix!
- Oil a large non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Pour a large scoop of the batter into the pan and cook until brown on each side (about 2-3 minutes on one side and 1 minute on the second side)
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit
You can substitute regular flour or whole-grain flour for the spelt flour.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: healthy pancakes, lemon poppyseed pancakes, healthy breakfast recipe