Mini key lime tarts that are vegan and refined-sugar free! They also feature a “buttery” almond crust!
Key lime filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut oil, brown rice syrup and pinch of salt until if forms a soft dough. You should be able to press the dough together between your fingers. (If it is too crumbly, add a bit more oil & brown rice syrup)
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture evenly between 4 mini tart pans (this kind), and press down into the pan with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While the tarts cool, start preparing the filling.
- Add cornstarch to the cup of lime juice and mix until dissolved.
- Next scoop out the cream from the top of the can of the coconut milk and add it to a small pan on medium-high heat along with the lime juice mixture, lime zest, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Stir the mixture until it begins to bubble. The mixture should thicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes. Then Remove from heat and set aside, allowing the mixture to cool down to room temperature. (You can also pop it in the fridge to speed up this process.)
- Separate the tarts from the tart pans. (I like to set the tarts on a small cup, and gently pull down the sides of the pan. It will slide right off!)
- Pour some of the key lime mixtures into each tart.
- Let set in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- (Optional) Decorate with lime slices and whipped coconut cream.
- Serving Size: 1 mini pie
- Calories: 500
- Sugar: 19g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegan key lime pie, mini key lime pies, gluten-free key lime pie