It’s easy to make Chocolate Protein Bars right at home in just 15 minutes!
- Mix the almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix them together. (It’s easiest to start mixing with a spoon, and then switch to mixing with your hands!)
- If the dough feels a little dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of almond milk to the dough and continue to mix.
- Press the dough evenly into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl and pour on top of the bars. (make sure to move the pan around after adding the chocolate so the chocolate spreads out evenly.)
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours or overnight then cut into bars.
- Store in the fridge.
*I use the Sprout Living Epic Protein Original in these bars. You can save 20% if you’d like to try it out with the code “choosingchia” at checkout.
Store these bars in the fridge or freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: homemade protein bars, protein bar recipe with chocolate