This One Pan Mexican Quinoa is easy to make and comes together in under 30 minutes!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 cup corn kernels (canned, frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat then add the onion, red pepper and jalapeno and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans, corn and chilli powder and salt and continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, salsa and vegetable stock, mixing everything together and bringing the mixture to a boil for just a minute, then cover and let simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, fluff it up with a fork.
- Serve and enjoy!
. This will give you more control over the saltiness of the dish. You can always add more salt to it as needed.
You can use any brand of sala you love for this recipe. If you like it spicy, go for a medium or spicy salsa.
Don’t forget to cover the pan while it cooks!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12.5g
Keywords: one pan Mexican quinoa, one pot Mexican quinoa, Mexican quinoa casserole