This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff comes together in under 30 minutes and is made entirely in One pot!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 250 grams cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp flour (can sub gluten-free, whole-grain, etc)
- 1 tsp thyme (dried or fresh)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 4 cups veggie stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8oz uncooked rotini pasta (can sub any pasta)
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp coconut cream, cashew cream, vegan butter
- fresh parsley to top
- Heat the olive oil in a pot on medium-high heat then add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the mushrooms and sautee for 5-6 minutes until the mushrooms turn golden brown.
- Next add in the flour, thyme, dijon, pepper, vegan Worcestershire sauce, veggie stock and lemon juice, mixing everything together and bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pasta, cover the pot and cook on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until the pasta is cooked through.
- (Optional) For additional creaminess mix in 1-2 tbsp of vegan butter or cream
- Top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
! This will cause the mushrooms to release water and they will steam rather than brown. (You want the mushrooms to brown to release their flavour!)
Use a good quality (or organic) veggie stock. Since the pasta will be absorbing the flavour from the veggie stock, a good quality flavourful veggie stock equals a flavourful pasta!
Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free flour and gluten-free pasta
Make it creamy: You can add 3 tbsp of coconut cream, cashew cream or a vegan cream to this recipe if you’d like to be extra creamy. I personally don’t find that it needs it!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegan mushroom stroganoff, vegetarian stroganoff, healthy mushroom stroganoff, one pot mushroom stroganoff