A delicious crispy tofu coated in orange sauce that is completely vegan and gluten-free!
- 1 pack extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 2-inch pieces or cubes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil for frying
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 2-ich cube ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 4 tsp orange zest
- 4 tbsp tamari (can sub soy sauce)
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Rice or noodles
- sliced green onions
- sesame seeds
- Toss the tofu in cornstarch then fry in a pan with sunflower oil on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Once the tofu is cooked, remove from the pan and place onto a plate with paper towel. Pour out any excess oil from the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pan on medium heat and allow it to cook down just slightly, then add the tofu and toss everything together until well coated.
- Serve over rice.
Use firm or extra-firm tofu in this recipe to get crispy pieces of tofu.
Don’t skip adding cornstarch to coat the tofu. This coating helps the tofu get a nice and crispy exterior.
Be patient while cooking the tofu. You want to cook it on each side until nice and golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: orange tofu, vegan tofu, fried tofu with orange sauce