This Veggie Pesto Pasta is loaded with walnut and basil pesto and roasted zucchini for a delicious meal!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4–1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 oz pasta of choice (approx 2 servings)
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Parmesan cheese to top (optional)
- Make the pesto: start by preparing the walnut pesto. Add all the pesto ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. (scape down the sides of the food processor as needed to make sure everything gets blended.)
- Roast the zucchini: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. cut the zucchini into half circles then toss with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then spread the zucchini onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the pasta: cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta and add in the roasted zucchini and 1/3 cup pesto. Toss together on the stove-top on medium-low heat until combined and warmed through. Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese.
- For more detailed instructions and information on how to make the pesto, you can refer to my Easy Walnut Pesto recipe here.
- Salt your pasta water to infuse the pasta with flavour.
- You can add more or less pesto to the pasta depending on your personal taste. If you prefer a creamy pesto pasta, you can also add in a splash of cream.
- Nutritional information is an estimate and may vary depending on how much pesto you add to the dish.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegetarian pesto pastas, veggie pesto pasta, pesto pasta with vegetables