These Quinoa Stuffed Peppers are easy to make and packed with flavour!
- 4 bell peppers (any colour)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp herbs de province
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato pesto
- 1 cup chickpeas (from a can, or cooked from dry)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional, omit for vegan)
- parsley, cilantro or basil to top
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast the peppers: Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Place face down on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. While the peppers roast, prep the quinoa.
- Cook the quinoa: Mix the quinoa, vegetable stock and herbs de province in a pot and bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Make the stuffing: Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and let cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the sundried tomato pesto and chickpeas and mix together for another minute, then add the quinoa and mix everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the peppers: with the quinoa stuffing and place in a baking dish or on a baking sheet. Top with shredded cheese if desired and bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve.
so all the peppers cook evenly. You can use any colour of bell peppers you like for this recipe.
Use larger peppers if possible. They have more space for stuffing!
Cook the quinoa in vegetable stock rather than water. This is one of the *secrets* to getting really flavourful quinoa in these Quinoa Stuffed Peppers.
Taste and season as you make the filling with salt and pepper. Depending on the brand of vegetable stock and sundried tomato pesto you use, you may need more or less salt.
- Serving Size: 1 pepper
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: vegetarian stuffed peppers, quinoa stuffed bell peppers, peppers stuffed with quinoa