Say hello to your new favorite dessert – raw key lime pie bars!
- 1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts (or raw cashew nuts), soaked overnight in water (*see note)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (from a can)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp matcha powder or green food colour (optional)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse together the macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, dates, and salt until it forms a sticky dough.
- Press into an even layer at the bottom of your pan. Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Drain the soaked macadamia nuts. Add the nuts, lime juice, coconut milk, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, and matcha powder to your food processor, or high-speed blender.
- Blend together until it forms a thick cream. (About 3-5 minutes in a food processor, or 2-3 minutes in a high-speed blender)
- Pour your key lime mixture into your pan and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer to firm up for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve
- Serving Size: 1 small bar
- Calories: 363
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: Raw key lime pie bars, healthy dessert, vegan key lime pie